- This event has passed.
Sponsorship & Events in a Hybrid World
June 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm MDT$15
With no large physical gatherings allowed in Alberta for the foreseeable future, the sponsorship and events world has been turned on its head from COVID19. Professional and amateur sport leagues are on hold indefinitely, concerts and festivals have either cancelled or are in the process of pivoting to deliver their event on a virtual platform and individual ambassadors are striking gold with home-based content. There are no shortage of questions emerging as brands and properties evaluate their sponsorship investments and offerings and determine how to reach audiences virtually. Join Calgary-based sponsorship lawyer Jolan Storch and Vancouver-based sponsorship professional Bill Cooper as they discuss Sponsorship & Events in a Hybrid World.
Three things you will learn from this webinar are:
1. An overview of legal provisions that might be affecting your business right now, such as:
- What is the “business judgement” rule and how it might affect your decision making?
- Does your contract have a Material Adjustment/Force Majeure/Make Good clause? How does that work in these strange times?;
- What and how can brands and properties/events manage themselves during COVID19 with an eye to the future relationship with all parties (employees, consultants, landlords, sponsors, fans, etc.)?
- What risks are event rights holders assuming with spectators returning to event environments? What liabilities will there be if someone attending has COVID or catches COVID? Recommendations for how to mitigate and plan for a return to sport.
2. What value is there in brands and properties/events shifting to digital platforms in an effort to reach audiences?
3. What future impact will COVID have as sports leagues, music festivals and other events begin to resurface?
About Our Presenters
Founder & CEO, BOLD Counsel
Jolan Storch finds, negotiates and secures sport partnerships that aim to Transform Canada Through the Power of Sport. In the past, Jolan has assisted the Calgary 2026 Bid as Vice-President, International Relations & Revenue. Prior to that, Jolan was General Counsel & Business Development Advisor for the Canadian Olympic Committee. She was put in charge of finding new sponsor categories for the COC in 2014 and secured over $100MM of new sponsorships including Cadillac Fairview, SAS, UnderArmour and a logistics partnership.
Chief Operating Officer, TTG Canada
Bill Cooper is the Chief Operating Partner of TTG Canada and plays a central role in nurturing the growth and brand promises of both TTG Partnerships and TORQUE Strategies. He is also the current Chair of the Vancouver Chapter and national Board member for the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada. Previously Bill served as the Chief Executive Officer of the HSBC Canada Sevens and in the lead up to 2010, Bill was the Director of Commercial Rights for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
Sponsored by our 2020 Corporate Partners: